Who We Are
Hello! The Synergy Animal Behavior Network is the next generation of our Force-Free Alliance of Carolina Trainers (FACT), ready to carry us into the future providing superb services to families and their pets.
The timeline for our new Synergy Animal Behavior Network organization implementation is as follows:
- COMPLETED! 11/15/18 - new name and website rolled out, providing existing website functionality and coverage for old and new domain names (www.forcefreecharlotte.com, www.forcefreecarolinas.com, www.Synergyanimalbehaviornetwork.org)
- COMPLETED! 1/15/19 - updated Mission, Bylaws, Guiding Principles: Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, and Volunteer Policies and Procedures rolled out to existing members
- COMPLETED! 1/15/19 - existing members may review the updated documents (listed above), and select to remain network members for the 2019 fiscal year, or to end their membership
- COMPLETED! 2/1/19 - new membership request process rolled out, those on our waiting list will have the opportunity to test the new process
- COMPLETED! 2/1/19 - dues collection begins for 2019 continuing and new members (invoices will be sent via Paypal to your email on record, payable via any electronic method; if you prefer to pay via check or cash, please send an email to Treasurer@SynergyAnimalBehaviorNetwork.org for arrangements)
- IN PROCESS! 2/1/19 - the nonprofit legal format and process begins - there will be a step-by-step process to receive legal status at the Federal and State levels (including the multiple States our network represents) and official nonprofit status at the Federal and State levels
- IN PROCESS! 2/1/19 - begin process to obtain liability insurance coverage for all Board members and Officers (who are all agents of the organization) - prior to any public representation of our network we will have coverage; it is in everyone's best interest to have appropriate liability coverage, since we interact with the public and often with animals (who can be unpredictable), and we will not participate in any public events representing Synergy until appropriate insurance coverage has been obtained, or a waiver process has been created
- COMPLETED! 2/1/19 - a new Facebook group dedicated to members of the network will be rolled out, all continuing and new members will automatically be added; the previous FACT Facebook group will be archived (this transition will happen to ensure our continuing and new members have a positive and supportive networking and communication opportunity, as we break down barriers of communication and increase avenues of education into the future)
- 2/15/19 - deadline for existing members to apply for continued membership, and keep their company information on the Synergy website. You may select to join as a new member anytime into the future, however as of 2/15/19 if you have not selected to continue your membership, your information will be removed from the website.
- 2/28/19 - dues for 2019 are due, (we will offer the option of 50% due on 2/28/19 and the remaining 50% due on 4/15/19, please email Treasurer@SynergyAnimalBehaviorNetwork.org to request this)